Reporting to the Director of Branding, the Associate Art Director is responsible for partnering with the rest of the creative team for the development and execution of creative concepts and executions to support The Gettys Group client projects.
The Associate Art Director is a key member of the creative team, possessing a deep understanding of storytelling, branding, typography and both print and digital design. They are a strong conceptual thinker, able to think about the “big picture” and can translate clients’ business needs into fresh, innovative, beautiful and workable solutions. They will partner with—and supervise—designers and copywriters to bring concepts to life. They are comfortable explaining their ideas to members at all levels of the organization, and can confidently present the team’s work in the delivery of successful client presentations.
The Associate Art Director combines strong creative, organizational, communication and technical skills to provide solutions that deliver against the brand vision for all The Gettys Group Branding projects.
- Create research-driven creative concepts and execute to completion
- Establish the look and feel of a concept, working alone or supervising the design team
- Contribute to the development of brand identities, naming, signature experiences and tone of voice
- Lead and inspire design team—both internal and external resources—to appropriately execute against a project’s vision
- Contribute to, and/or lead, creative brainstorms, strategy and client presentations
- Elevate the creative level of the work coming out of the company
- Work with budgets and within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attend and/or lead creative input sessions, brainstorming sessions, client presentations, regular status updates and any and all meetings needed on a per-project basis
- Travel as needed on a per-project basis
- Good time management skills, excellent eye for design, typography, well-organized, dedicated, flexible and passionate
- Possess the ability to work quickly, independently and with a can-do attitude
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Maintain a high standard of design quality and professionalism, providing quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- This role has direct reports