The Accounting Manager will supervise, monitor and evaluate the accounting staff to ensure accurate and timely accounting data to facilitate organizational operations, cost identification, reduction opportunities and decision making. He/she will be responsible for the monthly financial general ledger closing, preparation/review of financial reports, and managing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Prepare and review general ledger journal entries for month-end close
- Prepare and review account analysis and reconciliations
- Supervise and oversee daily operations of the Accounting Team
- Monitor and analyze accounting data, including accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, fixed asset activity, debt activity, investment activity, etc.
- Prepare and distribute monthly management reports and financial statements
- Prepare schedules and reports in support of annual financial statement audit and sales tax audits
- File monthly sales tax returns and remittance with various US states
- Prepare annual financial statements and coordinate the annual audits; prepare schedules and reports in support of annual financial statement audit and sales tax audits
- Daily management of project accounting system
- Provide accounting procedure and policy recommendations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- PP&E and capital spending tracking
- Special projects as assigned by the CFO